Awesome Honeymoons


Choose the Perfect Planning Tips U.S. Destinations Intn'l Destinations Romantic Surprises

Wondering what the top 10 International honeymoon destinations are?


1. Aruba

2. Bermuda

3. Italy

4. Jamaica

5. Mexico

6. St. Lucia

7. Tahiti

8. U.S. Virgin Islands

9. France

10. Fiji


Your Passport: These are important details which should be taken care of at least two months before your wedding. If you do not have a passport, apply for one at your local Passport Office or get application forms at the Post Office, fill them out and mail them. You will need two passport sized photos (head shots that are 2 x 2, full face, and on a plain background) plus proof of US citizenship (A certified birth certificate bearing a state seal and your date of birth)

The fee for a passport that will be valid for 10 years is $97.00.

Having a passport is a good idea in general. Places that did not require them before (such as many of the Caribbean islands, Mexico and Canada, will require them as of 2006 and 2007, due to security precautions resulting from September 11.

Couples traveling just after the wedding should carry a copy of their marriage certificate and brides should get a passport in their maiden name, then have it changed after the wedding trip.

You can check details by calling the National Passport Information Center at 1 877 487 2778. To check on whether your honeymoon destination requires you to hold a U.S. passport, check

Passports generally take 6 weeks to complete. For an extra $60 you can have the passport expedited, however you might have to make an appointment and go to the nearest Passport Bureau in person.

To have a passport issued in your married name after the honeymoon, obtain form DS5504, which you can get from the web site at, fill it out and return it to National Passport Processing, PO Box 132 90, Philadelphia, PA 19101-3290.

This process takes approximately 6 weeks. Expediting the process costs $60.